The COVID-19 pandemic forced businesses in all industries to rethink virtually every aspect of their operations. Many of the structures and protocols once considered safe and sanitary became obsolete. Whether your company utilizes stores, offices, warehouses, or any other types of facilities, you must now consider how to maintain a safe and productive work environment for your employees. Logan Insurance Agency has listed some ideas to get you started and get your employees back to work safely.
Health and Safety Precautions
First of all, make sure your company takes all the essential precautions to keep your team safe and healthy.
- Social distancing may still be encouraged among your employees.
- Maintain a rigid cleaning and sanitization schedule for all areas of the workplace.
- Hire a professional cleaning company to clean your facilities regularly.
Redesigning Your Workplace
When it comes to the physical workplace itself, you might consider following through on changes to facilitate new protocols and increase safety.
- Change the layout of your cubicles and workstations to provide more separation between employees.
- Use protective barriers at checkout counters and other high-interaction areas in your stores.
- Invest in upgrading the HVAC system and make other changes to improve ventilation throughout your stores, offices, warehouses, and other facilities.
- Make sure all of your plumbing systems are working sufficiently.
Restructuring the Workforce
Finally, think about how you can revamp your workforce to boost efficiency and keep everyone healthy, while also protecting your business interests.
- Consider structuring your business as an LLC to avoid liability issues down the road. Many people use an online formation service to complete this process; if you’ve ever wondered the difference between ZenBusiness vs Legalzoom, the former is much more affordable and supports your business as long as is needed.
- Look into business insurance provided by Logan Insurance Agency, which provides protection from major property and liability risks.
- Offer hybrid-remote work opportunities to current and potential employees.
- Invest in quality tech tools and software that will enable you to collaborate and succeed with a remote team.
- Make sure any new hire commits to helping your company maintain safe and healthy protocols in the workplace.
If your company is still operating your workplaces like it was before the pandemic, chances are you need to make some changes. Consider the ideas above to keep a healthy and safe work environment, make the necessary modifications to your facilities, and create a new workforce structure. By acting now, you can ensure the health, safety, and flourishing of all your team members—ultimately helping your business thrive for many years to come.
Logan Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency allowing us to carry multiple insurance companies that will compete for your business. Contact us for more info today! 740-385-8575